Thursday, March 31, 2011

Garcia Ranch

Garcia Ranch

Jimmy and Debra Garcia

Roy, NM



I have been married to my wife Debra for 36 years. We have 3 children, 2 daughters and 1 son. Our daughters are Darcie Clavel and Jenny Hazen and our son is Levi Garcia. We have been blessed with 6 grandchildren; Riley, Lane, Ayden and Dylan Clavel and Ethan and Tristan Hazen.

I graduated from Eastern New Mexico University with a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Business. My dad always had cattle when I was growing up. I started with my own Corriente herd in 1977. My ranch is located Roy, NM, Trujillo, NM and Garita, NM. I run Black Corrientes and Black Angus cattle. I like to have good roping cattle for me, my son and my brothers to rope.

My NACA lifetime membership number is 23 and I have always been involved so when the Southwest Association was started I was involved from the beginning. Being in an organization with my best friends and making many more friends across the United States, it doesn’t get any better than that. I am proud to have won 2 of each of the Duke Sundt bronze sculpture awards. Won the premier breeder and have had several grand champions.

My goals are to keep raising the best Corriente cattle I can raise.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment